Jaron Ennis barely broke a sweat Saturday night at Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino in Las Vegas, NV.

The 24-year-old from the City of Brotherly Love needed only 1 minute and 49 seconds to annihilate veteran Thomas Dulorme.

Ennis [28-0, 26 KOs] floored Dulorme [25-6, 15 Kos] twice in the opening stanza until the fight was waved off.

“It was a good knockout,” Ennis said. “You know me, I wanted to show my skills and abilities. I’m just thankful for this opportunity. Now it’s on to the next. Let’s get the big names.”

Ennis used a sharp jab to set Dulorme up. A pulverizing right hand deposited the Puerto Rican on the seat of his pants. Dulorme got up with a confused look on his face. He probably wondered if anyone had the number of the truck that had hit him.

He found his moxie to crack Ennis with a hard right to the jaw. The youngster took it well and went back to work – ending matters with a right hook and straight left deposited Dulorme on his back.

“We got it early, that’s OK by me,” said Ennis. “We don’t get paid for overtime. I knew it was over after that first knockdown. I just had to take my time and not rush anything. Everything I did today we worked on in the gym.

“I’ve been ready for a world title two years ago,” said Ennis. “I want the top guys: Errol Spence Jr., Yordenis Ugas, Shawn Porter, Terence Crawford, Keith Thurman. I’m ranked No. 3 in the IBF, so Errol Spence Jr. is who I want next.”

Unbeaten Radzhab Butaev stopped Jamal James in round nine to capture the WBA Welterweight Championship.

“This is very important for me,” said Butaev [14-0, 11 KOs]. “It’s a big first step. It’s always been my dream to become a world champion. I took the first step today and I’m very happy.”

James [27-2, 12 KOs] started the bout well, but Butaev [14-0, 11 KOs] overcame his taller opponent with leaping shots and a sustained body attack.

Butaev took over in the middle rounds with more wicked body punches. James tried to move away, but he began to wilt like a skinny tree in the wind. The fight was still competitive until a barrage of blows convinced referee Celestino Ruiz to wave it off. The decision was suspect, but James didn’t complain.

The time was 2:12 into round nine.

“We worked hard on switching up and did it in sparring and it worked so we kept doing it,” said Butaev. “I felt it could have ended a lot worse.”

Source: John J. Raspanti