Betway

Brazilian forward – Neymar Jr. has urged his PSG teammates to put their Champions League first leg defeat [1-2] to Manchester City at the Parc des Princes behind them as the war continues at the Etihad Stadium next week.

The Perisians took a deserving first half lead, but capitulated in the second half allowing Manchester City to fightback to claim a 2-1 advantage going into the second leg.

But, the Brazilian playmaker [Neymar] believes that even though PSG lost the battle, they still have what it takes to win the war in the final analysis:

“We lost the battle, but the war continues,” Neymar wrote via his social media handle.

“I believe in my team, I believe we can be better than we were. ALLEZ PARIS! 1% chance 99% faith,” he added.

Meanwhile, Manchester City captain – Kevin de Bruyne has also warned his colleagues to remain calm because they are only halfway through the journey.

“Only halfway!,” the Belgian wrote.

As envisaged prior to kick-off the game began at a cracking pace with both teams setting up to win. First to knock at goal was Neymar when he disposed of Manchester City midfielder [Rodri] to race straight into the eighteen yard box to try his luck, but Ederson saved the situation for Man City.

The Cityzens returned fire quickly as Phil Foden bamboozled his way through the PSG backline only to see his left footed shot saved by Keylor Navas.

PSG continued to press and finally got the opening in the 15th minute as Marquinhos rose above all to head home from Angel De Maria’s swung in vicious corner kick into the eighteen yard box.

Relentless Man City came back from the break looking more dangerous having pegged PSG to their own half, creating holes into the walls of the Perisians.

Kevin de Bruyne leveled for Manchester City in the 64th minute as his teasing wrapped ball into the eighteen deceived Keylor Navas in post for PSG. Things got worse for PSG few moments later when Idrissa Gana Gueye received a straight red card for clattering down Ilkay Gundogan.

Riyadh Mahrez’s sublime free kick in the 71st minute was all but what the Cityzens needed to win the battle in Paris.

www.sports24ghana.com

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here