By James K. Attaglo Wilson
Naoya Inoue, the fast growing Japanese boxing superstar will have one more road to cross tonight as he defends his WBA/IBF/Ring magazine bantamweight world titles against Australian boxer – Jason Moloney inside the bubble at the MGM Grand conference center.
At 27yrs, “kaibutsu,” is rated as one of the best pound-for-pound fighters world, but ‘The Monster’ [Inoue] claim he’s not satisfied with regards to what he has achieved so far in his career.
According to Inoue [19-0, 16 KOs] he still have room to be better what he has accomplished so far and is careful not to get overconfident whenever he steps into the ring.
Perhaps, it is the same principle that will guide him ahead of tonight’s encounter.
The two boxers had their weigh-in yesterday and below is the results including the undercards:
• Naoya Inoue 117.7 lbs vs. Jason Moloney 117.9 lbs
[Inoue’s WBA/IBF/Ring Magazine Bantamweight World Titles — 12 Rounds]
Judges/Referee: Patricia Morse Jarman, Max De Luca and Tim Cheatham / Kenny Bayless
• Robson Conceição 128.8 lbs vs. Louie Coria 128.6 lbs
[Junior Lightweight— 10 Rounds]
• Julian Rodriguez 142.6 lbs vs. Jose “Piston” López 142.3 lbs
[Junior Welterweight — 10 Rounds]
• Jared Anderson 246.1 lbs vs. Luis Eduardo Pena 229.6 lbs
[Heavyweight — 6 Rounds]
• Andy Hiraoka 140.9 lbs vs. Rickey Edwards 140.7 lbs
[Junior Welterweight — 8 Rounds]