Guinea seek to confirm their place in the Round of 16 when they face already eliminated Zimbabwe on Tuesday.
Following are the Match Facts from Opta:
● This will be the first encounter between Zimbabwe and Guinea at the Africa Cup of Nations.
● Zimbabwe are looking to avoid losing four consecutive Africa Cup of Nations matches for the very first time, while defeat would also see them lose all three group stage matches in a single AFCON edition for the first time.
● Guinea are unbeaten in their two Africa Cup of Nations 2021 games (W1 D1), keeping consecutive clean sheets for the first time in the competition. In fact, they’ve stopped the opposition from scoring in three of their last four AFCON matches, as many times as in all their previous 41 games at the tournament.
● Zimbabwe’s only two victories at the Africa Cup of Nations have come in their final group stage match, winning both games by a 2-1 score-line (against Algeria in 2004 and Ghana in 2006).
● After their 0-0 against Senegal, Guinea have never failed to score in consecutive group stage games at the Africa Cup of Nations, while they haven’t lost their final group game since 1998 (W2 D4 since).