Hope is still in the air for both Malawi and Senegal as they enter the Group B final matchday in Bafoussam on Tuesday.
Following are the Match Facts from Opta:
● This will be the first encounter between Malawi and Senegal at the Africa Cup of Nations.
● Malawi have lost their third game in the group stage on each of their previous two appearances at the Africa Cup of Nations, losing to Ghana in 1984 (0-1) and Mali in 2010 (1-3).
● Senegal have lost just one of their last eight group stage games at the Africa Cup of Nations since the start of the 2017 edition (W5 D2), keeping six clean sheets and conceding just three goals.
● Each of the last three teams facing Senegal for the first time at the Africa Cup of Nations have suffered defeats, with Tanzania, Uganda and Benin all losing against them in 2019.
● After becoming the first ever Malawi player to score a brace at the Africa Cup of Nations, Gabadinho Mhango could be the first Malawi player to score in consecutive AFCON appearances since Russell Mwafulirwa in January 2010, while one more goal would make him Malawi’s top goal-scorer in their history in the competition.