The semifinal matches of the 2020/21 MTN FA Cup has been fixed for Sunday, August 01, 2021 at the Cape Coast stadium.
Berekum Chelsea [2010/11] semifinalists will battle former champions AshantiGold SC at 3:00pm whiles record holders – Accra Hearts of Oak [10-times champions] will also battle two-time winners – Medeama Sporting Club at 6:00pm.
Meanwhile, in an attempt to whip more excitement into the competition as well as rewarding supporters, telecommunication giants [MTN Ghana] has introduced a new football quiz – the HOTTSEAT Challenge.
Supporters who chooses to take part in the HOTTSEAT Challenge stand the chance of winning instant cash weekly or a new iPhone 12 Pro Max.
The App can be downloaded from Playstore.
WHAT IS THE FA Cup HOTTSEAT?
• Brand Engagement and Reward platform
• “Who wants to be a millionaire” style trivia game engine
• Fully Customizable Backend and Rewards
• Intense and immersive gameplay daring players to keep
playing for higher rewards
• Cross platform [Web, Android, iOS, Windows]
• Easy integration within existing apps and website
• Monetization platform
• User management
• Hottseat will be used to drive engagements and reward fans and
gamers of MTN FA Cup 2021
• 15 questions about the FA cup will be shared on Hottseat to reward 20 subscribers weekly starting from the round of 64.
• 4th to 20th winners will be rewarded instantly with MOMO or call credit as follows
• 4th – 10th – GHC 150
• 11th – 20 – GHC 80
• The top 3 winners will be invited to the studio during the live draw
to be rewarded.
• EXP to take video testimonials from the winner
• A 30-45 seconds curated video of the testimonials to be shared &
promoted on MTN social Facebook page.
• A link from the video to be included in the next Hottseat sms to drive
believability for the contest.
• Weekly leader boards to be shared on MTN facebook page to further
• From the round of 16, we are likely to have Regional debuts, hence the
special Hottseat contests.
• This would be reward and also build points on the leader board towards
the ‘LAST FAN STANDING’
• A team of Sports Bloggers and Journalist have been recruited watch the
matches and draft question & answers for Hottseat.
• The questions would be interspersed with other general football
• Each contest would have 15 questions with multiple choice
Gameplay Instructions & Rules
• There are 15 questions with 4 multiple choice answers in total on the MTN FA Cup Hottseat
• Your goal is to dare to attempt all 15 questions on the scale from 100 points to 1M points (To win). The scale is arranged as 5 Easy, 5 Medium and 5 Hard questions. The higher you rise, the more difficult it gets.
• You have 15 secs to answer each question
• If you are stuck, use our 3 lifelines. The first lifeline is “Call a friend” where you are given 60secs time extension to call a friend or research. The Second lifeline is “Audience Poll” where the audience vote on a correct answer. The third lifeline is 50/50 where 2 wrong answers are taken
• Let the Game begin! 🙂
• Score System
• The score system follows “Who wants to be rich style” where you strive to get to an anchor point in order to earn that point. The anchor points are 100, 1000, 32000 & 1M.
• Each question comes with its corresponding point or reward! You only have one attempt per question. Answering correctly automatically progresses you to the next question on the scale until you reach an anchor point to decide
if you want to proceed or give-up. Giving up grants you the points allocated at that anchor level. Answering wrongly ends the game upon which you go home with the previous anchor points you attained.
The Winners will progress to the final on Sunday, August 08, 2021.